Arctic Highlights Cruise
This spectacular 15-day Arctic Highlights Cruise is the perfect introduction to the Arctic region. Cruise between Norway’s Spitsbergen Island, Greenland, and Iceland, all the while basking in the icy wonderland before you and exploring fjords, icebergs, and the open Arctic Ocean. You’ll have fantastic opportunities to view endemic Arctic wildlife and rare birds, and you’ll enjoy daily excursions via zodiacs and on-foot before returning to your comfortable and welcoming cruise cabin.
Choose Your Adventure
Decide where, when and how you want to explore. Then contact us to start planning with a destination expert.
Customize Your Tour
We'll blend your desires with expert, local knowledge to design a seamless, private tour.
Embark on Your Journey
We'll greet you at the airport and be by your side every step of the way, making room for spontaneity as you go.
Starting from $13,190 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
- Begin your journey in Oslo, the capital of Norway, with the option to extend your expedition to explore this Nordic region.
- Enjoy an exclusive chartered flight to Longyearbyen, the embarkation point of your cruise, with your other cruise companions.
- Discover Spitsbergen, the largest island of the Norwegian Svalbard archipelago, with impressive glacier fronts and steep-walled fjords.
- Keep your eyes peeled for such Arctic wildlife as walruses, polar bears, and reindeer! Birders will thrill at the chance to glimpse Arctic terns, skuas, long-tailed ducks, kittiwakes, and ivory gulls with the help of expertly trained guides.
- Disembark the ship for daily zodiac rides to get up-close to regional icy wonders.
- Take advantage of on-board amenities, such as browsing volumes in the library and listening to expert lectures.
- Conditions permitting, stretch your legs with shore visits and hikes through austere winter wonderland terrain.
- Explore the ancient, ruined settlements of the Thule people, the ancestors to modern Inuit indigenous groups.
- Feeling particularly robust? Participate in the “Polar Plunge” and go for a shockingly refreshing swim in polar waters, cheered on by your cruise companions!
- Sail through Scoresbysund, renowned as one of the world’s most beautiful fjord systems.
- Complete your Arctic journey in Reykjavik, the brightly colored and charming capital of Iceland, with the option to extend your visit to further explore Iceland’s wonders.
TALK WITH A DESTINATION EXPERT
We tailor itineraries to your dates and interests, adjusting hotels, excursions and length as desired.
We consistently receive 5 star reviews from our discerning clients.
During these days you’ll visit Spitsbergen, the largest island of the Norwegian Svalbard archipelago. You’ll visit spectacular glacier fronts and steep-walled fjords, while hopefully spotting wildlife such as walrus, polar bears, and Svalbard reindeer! The wildlife on Svalbard has had to adapt to the harsh living conditions in the Arctic. Here the animals are exposed to extreme cold, periods with little food and a long winter without daylight.
As you continue to explore Spittsbergen, Birders will be thrilled to see hundreds of birds such as Arctic terns, skuas, long-tailed ducks, kittiwakes and ivory gulls. Enjoy sightseeing zodiac rides around the area during your multi-day cruise (conditions permitting of course!)
Weather permitting, during your time in Spittsbergen you may sail within 10 degrees of the North Pole! Please keep in mind that all Arctica cruises are subject to weather conditions and local regulations. Having flexibility is key as your Expedition Team helps ensure you visit as many of the highlights the season has to offer.
No time is wasted while at sea as your Expedition Team teaches you about the history and wildlife of the lands you are about to encounter. Staff will be available to help identify seabirds, while the on-board library is open to provide reading materials on subjects such as wildlife, history, marine biology, ecology and geology.
During your tour of Greenland’s remote eastern coast, you’ll enjoy Zodiac cruises and shore visits to several locations. Conditions permitting, you might get a chance to hike on this austere terrain. These hiking excursions may last from two to three hours with plenty of time for photographs of wildlife, learning moments from your experienced guides, or just time to stand back and admire the incredible polar surroundings.
During your multi-day cruise, staff will choose the best conditions to offer one polar plunge activity. All participants wear a tethered harness and plunge into the polar waters from the side of Zodiac or gangway. Take a leap of faith as you get cheered on by fellow passengers and the Expedition Team!
Say goodbye to the cruise team as you disembark in Reykjavik, Iceland’s capital. We are glad to provide any additional services post-cruise.
Canada High Arctic Express Cruise
This 9-day Canada High Arctic Express Cruise begins and ends with a chartered flight between Toronto, Canada’s capital city, and Resolute Bay, one of …
Starting from $10,990 per person
Canada to Greenland High Arctic Cruise
Explore the northernmost reaches of Canada and Greenland on this 12-Day Canada to Greenland High Arctic Cruise expedition. The tundra, icebergs, and …
Starting from $15,290 per person
Northern Lights Arctic Cruise
This 9-Day Northern Lights Arctic Cruise goes in search of the spectacular Northern Lights, “aurora borealis,” that light up the night sky near the Arctic …
Starting from $6,790 per person