Arctic Cultural Highlights Cruise
Experience the best of Arctic cultural life on this 15-day Arctic Cultural Highlights Cruise expedition. Cruise the inlets and fjords of Canada’s northeastern provinces and enjoy warm welcomes from the colorful villages that dot the rugged coastline. Highlights include glimpsing rare Arctic wildlife, such as caribou, bears, and numerous birds and marine mammal species, and daily shore excursions allowing you to explore National Parks and UNESCO World Heritage Sites that preserve the local culture and history.
Choose Your Adventure
Decide where, when and how you want to explore. Then contact us to start planning with a destination expert.
Customize Your Tour
We'll blend your desires with expert, local knowledge to design a seamless, private tour.
Embark on Your Journey
We'll greet you at the airport and be by your side every step of the way, making room for spontaneity as you go.
Starting from $13,690 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
- Begin your expedition in the Canadian capital of Toronto, with the opportunity to extend your journey to explore this region further.
- Enjoy a chartered flight with your cruise companions.to Kangerlussuag, Greenland, the embarkation point of your cruise.
- Traverse West Greenland and spend time in Nuuk, the island’s capital, wandering the 17,000-person town and visiting museums.
- Pay a visit to Canada’s Torngat Mountains National Park, exploring archaeological sites on-land and marine wonders via zodiacs with exclusive native guides.
- Keep your eyes peeled for endemic Arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, black bears, caribou, and a plethora of marine mammals.
- Pay a visit to the somber National Historic Site at Hebron, a Mission that was closed down in the late 1950s, causing the painful forced resettlement of Inuit communities.
- Spend a few days discovering the Labrador Coast, home to high subarctic tundra and string bog.
- Journey through the UNESCO World Heritage Site at L’Anse aux Meadows, which houses archaeological remains of a Norse (Viking) settlement dating to approximately 1,000 A.D.
- Enjoy warm welcomes from colorful villages that dot the rocky shores of the east coast of Canada’s Newfoundland province.
TALK WITH A DESTINATION EXPERT
We tailor itineraries to your dates and interests, adjusting hotels, excursions and length as desired.
We consistently receive 5 star reviews from our discerning clients.
Today you’ll board a charter flight in Toronto, Ontario, with other passengers from the Ocean Endeavour, and fly to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland, a former US Air Force base and Greenland’s primary flight hub. You’ll be transferred by Zodiac to embark on your Arctic Expedition aboard the Ocean Endeavour. Start your adventure surrounded by breathtaking scenery as you journey down one of the longest fjords in the world, Søndre Strømfjord.
West Greenland is made up of a complex coastal waterway system, lined with glaciers, islands and fjords against a picturesque mountain backdrop, which you’ll explore in more depth by Zodiac. The waters are also relatively warm here due to the West Greenland Current and sub-Arctic location.
The Labrador Coast is an excellent landing pad for exploration, decorated with coastal barrens, high subarctic tundra and mid-boreal forest and string bog. Spend a few days discovering the region on a number of excursions with your expert guides (excursions vary depending on weather conditions).
L’Anse aux Meadows is the only authenticated Norse settlement in North America—a UNESCO World Heritage Site and National Historic site. The archaeological remains found here in 1960 date to approximately 1,000 AD. Today, a superb interpretive centre and several reconstructed Norse-style sod buildings evoke the spirit of the Viking voyages.
St. Johns port is a bright welcome to the end of your journey, with colorful houses lining the coast and locals waving from Signal Hill. Enter the world-famous Narrows to North America’s oldest city. You’ll bid farewell to the Ocean Endeavour crew and transfer to the airport for your flight home. If you’d like to spend a night or two in St. Johns, we’d be glad to help with the logistics.
Canada High Arctic Express Cruise
This 9-day Canada High Arctic Express Cruise begins and ends with a chartered flight between Toronto, Canada’s capital city, and Resolute Bay, one of …
Starting from $10,990 per person
Arctic Highlights Cruise
This spectacular 15-day Arctic Highlights Cruise is the perfect introduction to the Arctic region. Cruise between Norway’s Spitsbergen Island, Greenland, …
Starting from $13,190 per person
Canada to Greenland High Arctic Cruise
Explore the northernmost reaches of Canada and Greenland on this 12-Day Canada to Greenland High Arctic Cruise expedition. The tundra, icebergs, and …
Starting from $15,290 per person