Machu Picchu & Amazon Delfin III Cruise
Experience two of South America’s most dazzling wonders on this 9-Day Machu Picchu and Delfin III Cruise. Allow the rhythms of nature to wash over you on a 3-night cruise aboard a luxurious Amazon river boat where you’ll experience the wildlife, cultures and landscapes of the world’s wildest place in style. Then immerse yourself in the achievements of one of the greatest cultures of pre-industrial man, first in the ancient Inca capital of Cuzco, then in the majestic Sacred Valley and at peerless Machu Picchu.
Starting from $5,390 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Get up close and personal with the Amazon’s varied plants, animals, birds and river creatures in the company of expert local guides.
- Enjoy the breath-taking Amazon sunsets from the comfort of your floating hotel – with an expertly-crafted cocktail close to hand.
- Fish for piranhas, swim or paddle board with pink river dolphins and go on an evening search for nocturnal bird species and caimans.
- Visit a river mammal rehabilitation center where you’ll meet baby manatees and other animals.
- Wander the winding streets of Cuzco, the one-time capital of the Inca empire, and revel in the city’s Incan and colonial heritage.
- A tour of key sites of the Sacred Valley, including the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo.
- An overnight stay in Aguas Calientes – literally “Hot Waters” – which lies at the base of the Incan citadel of Machu Picchu.
- A guided tour of the Machu Picchu, the “lost city of the Incas”. You’ll see breath-taking views and learn how the temples were built.
- Free time to explore Machu Picchu and absorb the awe-inspiring surroundings at your own pace.
- Depending on your flight schedule, enjoy a private tour of the main sites of Lima, including the Larco Archaeological Museum, and the San Francisco Monastery.
Welcome to Peru! Today is a transit day, and after a long flight you're probably looking forward to a nice meal and some relaxation. The Costa del Sol hotel is located right across the street from the airport and is the best choice for travelers connecting to Cuzco. But if you arrive to Lima in the early afternoon, you’ll have the time to make your way to a hotel in the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores. If you choose this option, one of our representatives will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel.
This morning return to the airport for your flight to Iquitos. Upon arrival, your cruise representative will meet you at the airport and escort you to your luxurious Amazon cruise boat. After settling into your cabin, you'll be treated to a special onboard welcome dinner and orientation
Waking early to enjoy the Amazon’s bountiful wildlife at its most active, you’ll start your exploration with a walk at Fundo Casual jungle trail. In the afternoon, you’ll explore one of the best preserved and protected zones of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve where you’ll have an opportunity to swim and paddle board and may even spot a famous pink dolphin!
Skim the Samiria River and its tributaries where an abundance of wildlife hides, including macaws, toucans, umbrella birds, monkeys, river otters, river dolphins and more. In the afternoon you will visit Nauta Caño Creek where you’ll have a chance to kayak and fish for piranhas. By night fall, you’ll take an evening safari in search of caiman and night birds.
As you near Iquitos, you’ll get to visit the Rescue & Rehabilitation Center of River Mammals and meet baby manatees as well as other rescued animals, before heading to the airport for your flight to Cuzco (via Lima). On arrival you’ll be transferred to your hotel to settle in and rest as you adjust to the change in altitude.
During your tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, you'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, and Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!). You’ll also stop at Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the intricacies of the Cuzco school of art and view fascinating historical artefacts.
Prepare to have your breath taken away! Your Sacred Valley exploration will include visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, you’ll be treated to a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Aguas Calientes where you will stay in comfort to await the highlight of our tour.
This is one for your bucket list. Uncover the mystical secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided private tour of this Incan citadel. You'll have the opportunity to visit the most important parts of the ruins to wonder at how they were constructed. After the tour, explore the ruins on your own or just sit back and appreciate the majesty of Machu Picchu. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins and valley beneath you. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. After a day you’ll remember for the rest of your life, depart from Aguas Calientes by train for Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival at the train station you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
One of our representatives will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. Depending on the time of your international flight, you can take the opportunity to squeeze in a private tour of Lima's key sites. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and Miraflores.
Machu Picchu & Amazon Delfin I Cruise
Experience the Amazon in opulent style before immersing yourself in Machu Picchu on this 10-Day Machu Picchu and Delfin I Cruise. There’s no better way to …
Starting from $7,590 per person
Machu Picchu & R & F Amazonas Cruise
Tick two must-visit destinations off your South American bucket list with this 9 Day Machu Picchu & R&F Amazonas Cruise. On your luxurious three-night …
Starting from $4,990 per person
Machu Picchu Highlights
This six-day Machu Picchu tour gives you ample opportunity to experience the Andean wonders of today and the Incan culture of yesteryear, while we take …
Starting from $2,890 per person