Machu Picchu & Amazon Delfin I Cruise
Experience the Amazon in opulent style before immersing yourself in Machu Picchu on this 10-Day Machu Picchu and Delfin I Cruise. There’s no better way to enjoy the Amazon than aboard the magnificent Delfin I, where you’ll eat and sleep in fantastic luxury while unearthing the secrets of the world’s most diverse environment. Next delve into the fascinating culture of the Incas with a 4-night adventure that encompasses the ancient capital of Cuzco, the fertile heartland of the Sacred Valley and the unforgettable sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Starting from $6,590 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Stay in ultimate luxury aboard the 4-cabin Delfin I, the finest of all the boats plying the Peruvian Amazon.
- Experience a unique perspective on the Amazon when atop a breath-taking canopy walkway that’s 85ft high and 600 yards long.
- Visit a tiny Amazon village that’s accessible only by canoe and learn how people survive in this harsh and remote environment.
- Enjoy the breath-taking Amazon sunsets aboard an opulent floating hotel with expertly-crafted cocktails and crudités close to hand.
- Seek out a variety of monkey species, swim or paddle board with pink river dolphins, and go on an evening search for nocturnal bird species and caimans.
- Visit a river mammal rehabilitation center where you’ll meet baby manatees and other animals.
- Wander the winding streets of Cuzco, the one-time capital of the Inca empire, and revel in the city’s Incan and colonial heritage.
- A tour of key sites of the Sacred Valley, including the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo.
- A guided tour of Machu Picchu, the “lost city of the Incas”. You’ll see breath-taking views and learn how the temples were built.
- Free time to explore Machu Picchu and absorb the awe-inspiring surroundings at your own pace.
- Depending on your flight schedule enjoy a private tour of the main sites of Lima, including the Larco Archaeological Museum, and the San Francisco Monastery.
Welcome to Peru! Today is a transit day, and after a long flight you're probably looking forward to a nice meal and some relaxation. The Costa del Sol hotel is located right across the street from the airport and is the best choice for travelers connecting to Cuzco. But if you arrive to Lima in the early afternoon, you’ll have the time to make your way to a hotel in the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores. In this case, one of our representatives will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel.
This morning you’ll return to the airport for your flight to Iquitos. Upon arrival, your cruise representative will meet you at the airport and escort you to the magnificently opulent Delfin I. After settling into your cabin, you'll be treated to a special onboard welcome dinner and orientation
Waking early to enjoy the Amazon’s bountiful wildlife at its most active, you’ll start your exploration with a walk at Fundo Casual jungle trail in search of dynamic creatures and vegetation. In the afternoon you will visit Nauta Caño Creek where you’ll have a chance to kayak and fish for piranhas. After night fall, you’ll take an evening safari in search of caiman and night birds.
Set out on the one of the largest Canopy Walkway in the world at 85ft high and extending one third of a mile for a unique perspective of the rainforest from the treetops. In the afternoon, you’ll explore one of the best preserved and protected zones of the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. You’ll have an opportunity to swim and paddle board and may even spot a famous pink dolphin!
Visiting a village of 500 people only reachable by canoe, you’ll get to observe the traditional Amazonian way of life during an eye-opening experience in a warm and inviting community. In the afternoon, you’ll travel down the Yarapa River with your eyes peeled for a variety of species of monkeys.
As you near Iquitos, you’ll get to visit the Rescue & Rehabilitation Center of River Mammals and meet baby manatees as well as other rescued animals, before heading to the airport for your flight to Cuzco (via Lima). On arrival you’ll be transferred to your hotel to settle in and rest as you adjust to the change in altitude.
During your tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, you'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, and Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!). You’ll also stop at Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the intricacies of the Cuzco school of art and view fascinating historical artefacts.
Prepare to have your breath taken away! Your Sacred Valley exploration will include visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, you’ll be treated to a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Aguas Calientes where you will stay in comfort to await the highlight of our tour.
This is one for your bucket list. Uncover the mystical secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided private tour of this Incan citadel. You'll have the opportunity to visit the most important parts of the ruins and wonder at how they were constructed. After the tour, explore the ruins on your own or simply sit back and appreciate the majesty of Machu Picchu. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins and valley beneath you. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. After a day you’ll remember for the rest of your life, you’ll depart from Aguas Calientes by train for Ollantaytambo where you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
One of our representatives will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. Depending on the time of your international flight, you can take the opportunity to squeeze in a private tour of Lima's key sites. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and Miraflores.
Machu Picchu Highlights
This six-day Machu Picchu tour gives you ample opportunity to experience the Andean wonders of today and the Incan culture of yesteryear, while we take …
Starting from $2,590 per person
Machu Picchu & Aria Amazon Cruise
Combine splendid luxury and abundant wildlife on this 12-Day Machu Picchu & Amazon Cruise Tour, which journeys through Inca highlights and then boards a …
Starting from $7,990 per person
Machu Picchu & Amazon
Combine the biodiverse splendor of the Amazon basin with the wondrous Incan history of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. Explore the Amazon river …
Starting from $2,990 per person