Bogota, Tayrona & Caribbean Nature Tour
Don’t forget your hiking boots and swimsuit when embarking on this 9-day itinerary featuring Colombia’s Tayrona National Park and the tropical San Bernardo Archipelago. Begin your expedition in the vibrant capital city of Bogota before flying to the Santa Marta area to traipse through the natural wonders of Tayrona National Park. From here, travel along the Caribbean coastline to historic Cartagena de Indias, the jumping-off point for the San Bernardo islands where you’ll spend a few unstructured days soaking up the idyllic island life.
Choose Your Adventure
Decide where, when and how you want to explore. Then contact us to start planning with a destination expert.
Customize Your Tour
We'll blend your desires with expert, local knowledge to design a seamless, private tour.
Embark on Your Journey
We'll greet you at the airport and be by your side every step of the way, making room for spontaneity as you go.
Starting from $2,990 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
- Get to know Colombia’s dazzling capital Bogota, including the cobblestoned streets of the La Candelaria district, the sprawling Paloquemano Market, and the decadently chubby figures of Colombia’s famed artist Fernando Botero.
- Tour the impressive Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira, a spectacularly unique church built 200 meters underground within the tunnels of a salt mine.
- Hike through the Colombian jungle on a full-day Tayrona National Park tour. Go for a dip in natural pools along a seldom-visited path and relax with a picnic lunch in an idyllic beach setting.
- Stay in a boutique hotel in the colonial quarters of Cartagena de Indias, a delightful city on the Caribbean coast. This UNESCO World Heritage Site was once an important 16th-century trade hub for businesspeople and pirates alike.
- Sail to Mucura Island, part of the tropical San Bernardo Archipelago off Cartagena’s coast, for some time filled with Caribbean sun, snorkeling, kayaking, and water adventures.
TALK WITH A DESTINATION EXPERT
We tailor itineraries to your dates and interests, adjusting hotels, excursions and length as desired.
We consistently receive 5 star reviews from our discerning clients.
After breakfast, you’ll be met by your private expert guide and explore some of the city’s most interesting highlights together; walk the cobblestoned streets of La Candelaria, peruse the colorful Paloquemano Market (one of the largest in country!), observe an impressive exhibition at one of the country’s most prestigious museums (ie. Gold or Botero Museum), and travel to the top of Monserrate Hill for an exceptional panoramic city view.
With your private guide, journey 30 miles north of the city to tour the impressive Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira, an underground church built within the tunnels of a salt mine 200meters underground. The chapels and altars are all carved directly into solid rock – no wonder it’s considered one of the most notable achievements of Colombian architecture!
Kickstart your day with a fulfilling breakfast as you’ll be treated to a real adventure today! Enjoy a full day of trekking in the Tayrona National Park along a 6km (one-way) rugged path to Cabo San Juan passing thru the jungle, across rivers, over boulders and enjoying picturesque views of the ocean along the way! Reward yourself with a dip in some natural pools in route and relax on the beach with an ocean swim at the end of the trail! You'll then return to your hotel for the evening via the same path you came in on.
Board a 2hrs boat journey from Cartagena to the secluded Mucura Island, part of the San Bernardo Archipelago, where you’ll settle into your room at the Punta Faro hotel for a final few days filled with relaxing on the beach, beautiful Caribbean sunsets (or sunrises!), and an array of activities available through your hotel such as snorkeling, kayaking, paddleboard, biking, etc.
After breakfast, say farewell to the Mucura Island and journey back to Cartagena, from where you’ll board your international flight home.
Bogota & Medellin to Cartagena
Colombia is considered the “Gateway to South America,” and this 9-day expedition showcases Colombia’s most iconic and bustling metropolises. Begin by …
Starting from $2,990 per person
Bogota, Coffee Farms & Cartagena
This 9-day tour features the best of Colombia’s diverse landscapes. Begin with an in-depth exploration of the capital city, Bogota, before venturing …
Starting from $3,390 per person
Costa Rica Volcanoes, Rainforests & Beaches
On our nine-day expedition through Costa Rica, experience the true essence of “Pura Vida,” which is the immensely popular local phrase that translates to “ …
Starting from $3,790 per person