Taking in waterfalls, glaciers, penguins, whales and one of the world’s great capitals, this 12-Day Argentina Highlights never ceases to amaze. After exploring captivating, cosmopolitan Buenos Aires for two full days, you’ll head North to the Iguazu Falls, the largest – and most beautiful – waterfall system in the world. From there it’s on to Peninsula Valdes, the marine cornucopia that David Attenborough can’t get enough of, before finishing things off on a glacier-spotting adventure in El Calafate in the deep South of Patagonia.
Starting from $4,390 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Enjoy a fascinating city tour of Buenos Aires, taking in the famous sites of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta and Puerto Madero.
- Get to know Buenos Aires on your own with a free full-day to explore the city known as the Paris of South America.
- Experience an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music and tango at your choice of an intimate show or a large Broadway-style production.
- Explore the Argentinian side of the Iguazu falls, with close-up views of the thundering Devil’s Throat from pathways that hug the cascades.
- Appreciate the spectacular vistas of the entire one-mile span of the Iguazu Falls from walkways on the Brazilian side.
- Discover Peninsula Valdes, a haven for land and sea mammals including sea lions, elephant seals, penguins and – at certain times of the year – orcas. Then go on a whale-watching cruise.
- Visit Punta Tombo, a breeding colony of almost one million Magellanic Penguins that is the most important in the world.
- Explore the meandering footpaths of the Perito Moreno National park, viewing the glacier from multiple angles, then take a catamaran to appreciate the glacier up close.
- Take a beautiful boat ride across the Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal, to view the remote Upsala Glacier.
- Travel in all-terrain vehicles across the steppe to a glacial lookout above Upsala and learn about the life of a Patagonian gaucho on a museum tour.
After breakfast, you'll head out on a Buenos Aires city tour during which you'll explore the districts of San Telmo (bohemian), La Boca (colourful), Recoleta (elegant), Puerto Madero (glitzy), the city center, and the main plaza. The tour will end in the Recoleta Cemetery where you can stay on to explore on your own or continue back to the hotel.
Today is yours to explore wonderful Buenos Aires at your leisure. Shop for antiques in San Telmo, explore the city’s fantastic art galleries or even take a stroll in the delightful greenery of the Costanera Sur. The main districts in Buenos Aires are pedestrian friendly and the city's subways are efficient and easy to use. In the evening, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of the best tango houses in Buenos Aires for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music, and dancing. Choose either a small, intimate show or a large, Broadway-style production.
Upon arrival to Iguazu Falls, you'll experience Iguazu Falls from the Brazilian side, which is better for all-encompassing vistas of the entire site. From the walkways you'll enjoy panoramic views of Iguazu's 275 falls. Altogether, Iguazu Falls stretches an impressive mile across.
This morning you'll head to the Argentinian National Park to see the stunning jungle scenery and rushing waterfalls. This side of the falls allows up-close views from pathways that hug the cascading beauty. You'll visit Devil's Throat, the largest set of waterfalls in the park and when your tour finishes, you'll be taken to your Iguazu hotel for the evening.
After breakfast, you’ll set out to Peninsula Valdes, possibly spotting guanacos, lesser rheas, Patagonian foxes and hairy armadillos en route. Upon arrival at the Peninsula you’ll learn visit the Estancia San Lorenzo, a traditional sheep shearing farm where you can visit one of the largest Magellanic penguin reserves in the world nearby, before continuing on to the Isla de los Pajaros look-out point and Puerto Piramides, a small village and departure point for whale watching tours. Following your 1.5hr navigation in search of whales, you’ll have the opportunity to view large sea lion and elephant seal colonies before returning to your hotel.
Today you will set off towards the Pedral Lodge from the early twentieth century, nearly 70km from Puerto Madryn, where you’ll have opportunities for exclusive up-close wildlife spotting; possibilities of seeing elephant seals, sea lions, Magellanic penguins, whales / orcas (if lucky!), guanacos, Patagonian hares, foxes, Patagonian rheas. Enjoy a traditional lunch at the lodge before returning to your Puerto Madryn hotel for the evening.
Follow the shores of Lago Argentino until you reach the entrance of Perito Moreno National Park. After a brief orientation, you are free to explore the footpaths overlooking and surrounding the Perito Moreno Glacier. In the afternoon you will board a catamaran to view the glacier's majesty from the water, to better appreciate the sounds and movements of this living piece of ice.
Today you'll visit another, more remote glacier. Your adventure starts with a beautiful boat ride across the lake and up the Cristina Canal, giving you great views of the Upsala Glacier. Then travel in all-terrain vehicles across the steppe to a glacial lookout right above Upsala. Enjoy lunch at Estancia Cristina and learn about the life of a Patagonian gaucho on a tour of the on-site museum before returning to El Calafate.
Enjoy a final hearty breakfast in this remarkable region before meeting your airport transfer for your flight to Buenos Aires where you’ll connect to your international departure.
Buenos Aires & Rio de Janeiro
Discover the delights of two of South America’s most vibrant and soulful cities: Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro. This eight-day Rio and Buenos Aires Tour …
Starting from $2,990 per person
Discover the wilderness of the Patagonian frontier with this five-day Patagonia Estancia Tour. You’ll spend two days in El Calafate, from where you’ll get …
Starting from $2,690 per person
Buenos Aires & Iguazu Falls
Get to know cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, home of the tango, before experiencing wonders of a different kind at the Iguazu Falls, the largest waterfalls …
Starting from $2,490 per person