Welcome to your honeymoon. We’re delighted to be sharing the wonders of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley with you. You’ll begin your romantic exploration in the picturesque Sacred Valley. As this agricultural belt is a couple of thousand feet lower than the city of Cuzco, this helps with acclimatization. After exploring the Sacred Valley and indulging yourselves with a luxurious spa day, you'll continue in comfort to the awe-inspiring Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu, before returning to the charming Inca capital of Cuzco.
Starting from $3,590 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- A day in the Sacred Valley, situated at a lower altitude than Cuzco, to give you the chance to acclimatize.
- A private tour of the Sacred Valley, the agricultural strip that fed the Incan empire, where Andean people still use ancient farming methods.
- Visits to the ancient circular terraces of Moray, the salt pans at Maras and the ruins of Ollantaytambo, where you can also visit the current-day village.
- A romantic day at a luxury Sacred Valley resort, where you will indulge in a range of lavish treatments, and explore and rejuvenate.
- A scenic train ride to the base of Machu Picchu, through the verdant Sacred Valley and past ruins and other agricultural sights.
- A private guided tour of the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu citadel with visits to all the key sites.
- A stay in a Cuzco hotel that was once a 16th century colonial mansion, refurbished today to include heated floors and Jacuzzi bathtubs in every room.
- Discover the cobblestoned erstwhile capital of the Incan Empire on a private tour to Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha, and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- An optional private tour of Lima's key including the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the vibrant waterfront district Miraflores.
After your flight to Peru, you'll head to your Lima hotel to recuperate. Since most international flights arrive in the evening, we've selected a comfortable hotel close to the airport to maximize your time for relaxation and minimize transit. Newlyweds may alternatively choose to travel to the seaside district of Miraflores to spend the night.
A morning flight connects you to Cuzco, the heart of Andean Peru. You'll immediately head by private transfer into the Sacred Valley, the fertile region that once fed the Inca Empire and that sits at a lower altitude than Cuzco – so you can acclimatize. Your hotel was once a 17th century colonial hacienda and contains beautifully maintained sprawling grounds, including a lake, riverside trails, and a colonial chapel.
Though it might be tempting to linger in luxury at your country estate hotel, today you'll be treated to a private tour of the Sacred Valley's highlights. You'll visit the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the ingenious salt pans at Maras, and the impressive ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. These Inca creations are scattered among rural farmland and traditional villages.
Enjoy a romantic day at your luxury Sacred Valley resort, complete with one of the best spas in South America. You'll enjoy a 3-hour spa visit including a couple’s massage, champagne and more. You are welcome to add on more services from the spa’s extensive selection of indulgent treatments. You and your significant other can also explore the museum, lounge in the riverside pool, or just relax and rejuvenate in your suite as you enjoy views of the surrounding snow-capped mountains.
A scenic train ride takes you along the Urubamba River and past Inca terraces, landscapes you'll enjoy through panoramic train windows on your way to the base of Machu Picchu. You'll spend the night in Machu Picchu town's best hotel, an eco-friendly complex complete with an orchid garden and surrounded by cloud forest. Private bungalows with charming red roofs, alpaca bedding, and stone fireplaces are tucked away throughout the 12-acre reserve. Tonight, you'll enjoy a special romantic dinner.
Since you're located right at the base of Machu Picchu, you can choose to visit the citadel at dawn for the sunrise, or later after a leisurely breakfast. Either way, you'll be escorted to the park's official entrance for a private guided tour of one of the most famous ancient sites in the entire world. In the afternoon you'll return to Cuzco via train and private transfer to spend the night in the former city of Inca kings. Your hotel was once a 16th century colonial mansion, refurbished today to include heated floors and Jacuzzi bathtubs in every room.
Though Machu Picchu was once an Inca royal retreat, Cuzco was the beating heart of the Inca Empire. Today you'll discover this cobblestoned former capital city during a private tour. You'll walk among the massive stonework at Sacsayhuaman (an Inca complex overlooking the city), marvel at Koricancha, one of the most important Inca temples (where the walls were once completely covered in gold), and visit Cuzco's Cathedral on the main plaza.
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. (Optional recommended excursion) - Depending on the time of your international flight out a private tour of Lima's key sites can be arranged. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district Miraflores.
Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu
Delve into the wonders of the Sacred Valley, before exploring the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu and then returning to Cuzco, the capital of the …
Starting from $2,990 per person
Machu Picchu & Sanctuary Lodge
The Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only Machu Picchu hotel that is literally on the ruins’ doorstep and you’ll be staying there. This 6-day private Machu …
Starting from $4,190 per person
Machu Picchu & Amazon
Combine the biodiverse splendor of the Amazon basin with the wondrous Incan history of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. Explore the Amazon river …
Starting from $2,990 per person