Galapagos Land-based Island Hopping Tour
This land-based six-day Galapagos Island Hopping Tour gives you the opportunity to see all the animal, bird and sea life that the archipelago is famous for from your bases at charming hotels on the islands. You’ll kayak in pursuit of stingrays, turtles and Pelicans, snorkel with penguins and sharks, and hike down subterranean lava tunnels, in the hands of expert tour guides who will answer your every question and take care of your every need.
Starting from $4,990 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Stay in charming hotels on various islands in the Galapagos archipelago, with daily excursions and activities in the best sightseeing and wildlife watching destinations.
- Encounter giant tortoises in their natural habitat on the island of Baltra.
- Explore underground lava tunnels created by the eruption of volcanoes.
- Visit the beautiful white sands of Playa Brava, and enjoy swimming and snorkeling with marine iguanas.
- Kayak along the coast of Playa Los Alemanes looking for stingrays, turtles, Pelicans, Blue-Footed Boobies and Lava Gulls.
- Search for Flamingos and other birds at a semi-saltwater lagoon on Isabela Island.
- Visit the giant tortoise breeding center to learn about conservation efforts on the islands.
- Snorkel at a variety of gorgeous locations, encountering Penguins, stingrays, seahorses, sea lions, sea turtles and white-tipped sharks.
- Embark on a boat tour to visit tintorera sharks, and perhaps even snorkel among them.
This morning you’ll be transferred to the airport for your flight to the islands for the start of your Galapagos adventure. Upon arrival in Baltra, 600 miles from the mainland, your guide will meet you and take you to the highlands where you will be welcomed by Galapagos Giant Tortoises in their natural habitat. You will also visit lava tunnels created by volcanic activity. Lunch is served at a local restaurant before heading to your comfortable hotel to settle in.
In the morning, enjoy a brisk 40-minute walk to Playa Brava, a long, beautiful white sand beach with incredible surf. Near the far end is a gorgeous bay with marine iguanas and amazing snorkeling and swimming. You’ll return to town for lunch by speed boat and then head out to Playa Los Alemanes to kayak along the coast near mangroves, while looking out for sting rays and turtles. Following the route to Punta Estrada, you will enter little inlets where you can observe Pelicans, Blue Footed Boobies and Lava Gulls. You can also snorkel near a small beach here to see colorful fish, stingrays, white tip sharks, sea lions and sea turtles.
In the morning, head to the dock for a windy two-hour island crossing to Isabela Island by boat. On arrival you will enjoy an excursion (by car or bike) to the local semi-salty lagoon to search for Flamingos and endemic birds. From here, you will continue to see giant tortoises in the local breeding center before snorkeling in Concha Perla, a natural sea-water lagoon with Penguins, sting rays, sea lions, sea turtles and more. After lunch at a local restaurant you will embark on a shared boat tour (privately guided) to an islet to visit the tintorera sharks with an opportunity for more snorkeling.
Enjoy a 45-minute boat tour (privately guided) to naturally formed lava tunnels created by the eruption of the Cerro Azul Volcano. Enjoy a trail walk on the lookout for Blue-Footed Boobies and sea lions, and then have a chance to snorkel among seahorses, penguins, sting rays and white-tipped sharks. As you head back around the bay you may have the chance to snorkel and see sea turtles again. A packed lunch is served aboard your boat.
After breakfast, you will return by boat to Santa Cruz Island and head to the airport on Baltra for your flight back to mainland Ecuador.
Galapagos Cruise & Machu Picchu Tour
This 11-day Galapagos and Machu Picchu tour allows you to experience the two leading destinations of South America in one seamless and comfortable tour. …
Starting from $5,790 per person
Galapagos Cruise & Mainland Ecuador Tour
Get the most out of Ecuador with this 11-Day Ecuador and Galapagos Islands Tour. You’ll wander Quito’s nearby Otavalo Market to shop for Andean …
Starting from $5,490 per person
Galapagos Cruise & Quito Tour
Take in the cultural highlights of Quito, including a visit to the fantastic Otavalo Market, on this eight-day Quito to Galapagos Tour. Then head to the …
Starting from $4,790 per person