South America Highlights - Southern Circuit
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires, the Chilean seaside towns of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, taking in their key sites, and discover the wonders of the Patagonian wilderness. You will visit not one but two breath-taking glaciers, and tour both the Perito Moreno National Park and the Torres del Paine National Park to complete your Patagonian experience, before heading home.
Starting from $4,490 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Explore the highlights of southern South America in comfort and luxury, while taking in breath-taking natural wonders and cosmopolitan city destinations.
- Enjoy a Santiago city tour with stops at the Plaza de Armas, the main Cathedral and the Presidential Palace, before viewing the city from the top of the Cerro San Cristobal.
- Visit two of central Chile’s most popular seaside towns: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Visit the summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets.
- Choose from dozens of half-day and full-day excursions to explore the exceptional scenery of the Torres del Paine National Park as best suits you.
- Journey by boat along the shores of the Lago Argentino to the Perito Moreno National Park, and explore the glacial landscape at your leisure.
- View the majestic Perito Moreno glacier from the water aboard a catamaran, appreciating the sounds and movements of this gigantic mass of ice.
- Journey across Lago Argentino and up the Cristina Canal to view the Upsala Glacier.
- Enjoy a Buenos Aires city tour, exploring the districts of San Telmo, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center and the main plaza.
- Visit one of Buenos Aires’s best tango houses for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music and tango.
This morning after breakfast at your hotel, you'll enjoy a tour of Santiago. During the day you'll visit the city's historic center where you'll find the Plaza de Armas, the main Cathedral, and the Presidential Palace. You will also have the chance to view the city from the top of Cerro San Cristobal.
Today you'll visit two of central Chile's most popular seaside towns: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is a vibrant, colorful collection of hillside houses overlooking the bay. Here you'll visit the summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile's most prolific poets. You'll then continue on to the tranquil Viña del Mar, a popular retreat for the Santiago elite.
With dozens of half-day and full-day excursions to choose from, you're free to customize your full day in Torres del Paine however you desire. Spend it taking short hikes to stunning lookout points to marvel at waterfalls, lakes, glaciers, and of course the unique peaks of the Torres del Paine.
Follow the shores of Lago Argentino until you reach the entrance of Perito Moreno National Park. You'll receive a brief orientation and then you are free to explore the footpaths overlooking and surrounding the Perito Moreno Glacier. In the afternoon you will board a catamaran to view the glacier's majesty from the water, to better appreciate the sounds and movements of this living piece of ice.
Today you'll visit another, more remote glacier. Your adventure starts with a beautiful boat ride across the lake and up the Cristina Canal, giving you great views of the Upsala Glacier. Then travel in all-terrain vehicles across the steppe to a glacial lookout right above Upsala. Enjoy lunch at Estancia Cristina and learn about the life of a Patagonian gaucho on a tour of the on-site museum before returning to El Calafate.
Enjoy a final hearty breakfast in this remarkable region before meeting your airport transfer for your flight to Buenos Aires. Upon arrival in Buenos Aires a guide will meet you and take you to your comfortable lodgings in the city that has been described as the Paris of South America.
After breakfast you’ll head out on a Buenos Aires city tour during which you’ll explore the districts of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center, and the main plaza. The tour will end in the Recoleta Cemetery where you’ll have the chance to stay and explore further independently or continue back to the hotel.
Your day will be free, giving you time to explore independently at your leisure. The main districts in Buenos Aires are pedestrian friendly and the city's subways are efficient and easy to use. In the evening, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of Buenos Aires's best tango houses for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music, and dancing. Choose either a small, intimate show or a large, Broadway-style production.
Today your South America adventures come to an end. After breakfast at your hotel, you'll be transferred to the airport for your final departure.
Discover the wilderness of the Patagonian frontier with this five-day Patagonia Estancia Tour. You’ll spend two days in El Calafate, from where you’ll get …
Starting from $2,490 per person
Buenos Aires Tour & Antarctica Ocean Nova Cruise
Head from one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most cosmopolitan cities to the remotest destination on the planet on this 10-Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica …
Starting from $6,990 per person
End of the World Australis Cruise Expedition
It doesn’t get more evocative or diverse than this 12-Day End of the World Australis Cruise Expedition. Not only will you cruise the pristine waters of …
Starting from $5,390 per person