South America Highlights
On this 12-Day South America Highlights Tour, you’ll encounter three New Wonders of the World: Christ the Redeemer in Brazil, Iguazu Falls in Argentina and Machu Picchu in Peru. You’ll also visit Cuzco, Buenos Aires and the Sacred Valley, the beating heart of the Incan Empire. This tour balances fascinating excursions with free time at key destinations to explore at your leisure. And we’ll take care of you every step of the way and accommodate you in comfort and luxury for the duration.
Starting from $3,990 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- A tour up Corcovado Mountain to see Rio’s Christ the Redeemer, the city’s most famous landmark.
- An informative tour of downtown Rio, with stops at the Sambadrome, Metropolitan Cathedral and picture-perfect Sugarloaf Mountain.
- View and explore both the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the 275 waterfalls that make up the Iguazu Falls, including a trip to the Devil’s Throat, the largest fall in the park.
- Explore Buenos Aires with visits to San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center, the main plaza and the Recoleta Cemetery, where you can stay on to explore alone.
- A free day to explore Buenos Aires, plus your choice of a small intimate tango-and-dinner show, or large, Broadway-style production.
- A private tour of the remnants of the great Incan capital of Cuzco, with visits to Sacsayhuaman with its impressive stonework, and Koricancha and Cuzco’s Cathedral to observe the differences between Incan and European architecture.
- A tour of the Sacred Valley, the Incan heartland, with visits to the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo.
- A scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu.
- A chance to uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu, with a guided tour of the Incan citadel, as well as free time to explore the ruins at your leisure or hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird’s eye view of the ruins.
- A private tour of Lima’s key sites, with stops at the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery, Lima’s colonial squares and the waterfront district of Miraflores.
After waking up in the beautiful and vibrant city of Rio de Janeiro, you'll set off on a tour up Corcovado Mountain to visit the impressive statue of Christ the Redeemer. You'll ascend the mountain with your private guide and enjoy Rio's most famous landmark and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World up close.
Get to know Rio a bit better by taking an informative tour though its downtown. You'll pass the famous Sambadrome and Metropolitan Cathedral on your way to Sugarloaf Mountain, another postcard-perfect Rio landmark. To get to the top, you'll take an exciting two-stop ride in a glass cable car. From Sugarloaf's peak you'll have spectacular panoramic views of Guanabara Bay, Corcovado, and the cityscape.
In the morning, you’ll transfer to the airport for your flight to Iguassu, Brazil. On arrival, you will be transferred to the Brazilian side of the falls, best known for all-encompassing vistas of the entire site. From the walkways you'll enjoy panoramic views of Iguazu's 275 falls. Altogether, Iguazu Falls stretches an impressive mile across. After your Iguazu tour, you'll continue in private transportation to your comfortable hotel on the Argentine side of Iguazu.
Today you'll head to the Argentine national park to see the stunning jungle scenery and rushing waterfalls from the Argentine perspective. This side allows up-close views via pathways that hug the falls. You'll visit Devil's Throat, the largest set of waterfalls in the park. When your tour finishes, you'll be taken to the airport for your evening flight to Buenos Aires. On arrival you will be transferred to your Buenos Aires hotel to rest.
After breakfast you'll head out on a Buenos Aires city tour to explore the districts of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center, and the main plaza. The tour will end in the Recoleta Cemetery where you can stay and explore further or continue back to the hotel.
Today is a free day in Buenos Aires, giving you time to explore independently. The main districts in Buenos Aires are pedestrian friendly and the city's subways are efficient and easy to use. In the evening, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of Buenos Aires's best tango houses for an authentic Porteno evening of dinner, music, and dancing. Choose either a small, intimate show or a large, Broadway-style production.
Take a morning flight from coastal Lima to highland Cuzco. After dropping off your suitcases at your hotel, you'll experience first-hand the remnants of this great Incan capital. At Sacsayhuaman you will see the largest and most impressive stonework of pre-Columbian America. Your visits to Koricancha and the main cathedral will highlight the differences between Incan and European architecture.
Your Sacred Valley tour will include visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. Departing from Ollantaytambo, enjoy a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Machu Picchu where you will stay in your hotel at Aguas Calientes.
Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of this Incan citadel. You'll visit the most important parts of the ruins to learn how and why they were constructed. After the tour, you'll have time to further explore the ruins or sit back and enjoy the magic of Machu Picchu. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. Departing from Machu Picchu town, enjoy a train ride to Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival at the train station you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
You will be collected from your hotel and driven to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. Depending on the time of your international flight out a private tour of Lima's key sites can be arranged. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district Miraflores.
Galapagos Cruise & Machu Picchu Tour
This 11-day Galapagos and Machu Picchu tour allows you to experience the two leading destinations of South America in one seamless and comfortable tour. …
Starting from $5,890 per person
Uyuni Salt Flats to Santiago
If breath-taking, arid expanses excite you then this 10-day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour is just the ticket. You will tour the expansive and …
Starting from $4,690 per person
South America Highlights - Southern Circuit
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of …
Starting from $4,490 per person