Santiago Tour & Fly to Antarctica
Head from Chile’s cosmopolitan capital to the remotest destination on Earth on this 11-Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour. Spend three nights in exciting Santiago visiting the key city sites and popular neighboring coastal towns before flying as far South as is commercially possible and boarding a luxury ship for your five-night Antarctic exploration. You’ll see polar wildlife, breath-taking scenery and exhilarating ocean views, with daily excursions onto the ice, on this incredible adventure. Because this tour flies in an out of King George Island, you’ll spend five full days navigating Antarctic waters.
Starting from $14,290 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Get to know the key sites of Santiago on a private half-day city tour with stops at Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral and the Presidential Palace.
- Visit two of Chile’s most popular coastal towns: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Visit the home and now museum of Pablo Neruda, Chile’s Nobel-Prize-winning poet.
- Fly to King George Island in the South Shetland Islands, exploring the area around Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen Station.
- Spend five nights aboard the luxury Ocean Nova shop as you explore the dramatic Antarctic Scenery and brave the bracing seas of this frozen expanse.
- Avoid navigating the treacherous Drake Passage by flying in and out of King George Island.
- The schedule varies according to the weather, but you’ll disembark daily to explore the polar landscape with expert guides in destinations such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island and the Lemaire Channel.
This morning after breakfast at your hotel, you’ll enjoy a private half-day tour of Santiago. During the course of the day, you’ll visit the city’s historic center where you’ll find the Plaza de Armas, the main cathedral, and the Presidential Palace. You will also have the chance to view the city from the top of Cerro San Cristobal.
Today you’ll visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is a vibrant, ramshackle collection of hillside houses overlooking the bay. Here you’ll visit the summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets. You’ll then continue on to sophisticated Viña del Mar, a popular beach getaway for the Santiago elite.
Today you’ll be transferred to Santiago airport for your flight to Chile’s southernmost city, Punta Arenas. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your Punta Arenas hotel where you’ll receive a briefing in preparation for your once-in-a-lifetime Antarctica adventure.
In the morning you will be transferred to the airport for your two-hour flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island in the South Shetland Islands. Here, you can enjoy the clear Antarctic air and take some time to explore the area surrounding Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen Station before taking a Zodiac boat to board your expedition vessel.
No journey is the same, as flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica, but you will disembark by Zodiac every day to explore the polar landscape with expert guides. While aboard the ship, you’ll enjoy engaging lectures and incredible vistas from the glass-enclosed lounge. While the exact itinerary may vary, you’re likely to visit sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, the Lemaire Channel, and many other magnificent destinations. Wildlife highlights will include four species of penguin, a handful of different whale species (not to mention orcas aka killer whales), six of the world’s 17 seal species and a plethora of seabirds including the mythical albatross.
In the morning you’ll be transferred to the airport for your flight to Santiago where you’ll connect to your international departure.
Experience the excitement of Chilean city life, then immerse yourself in the country’s natural wonders with this seven-day Santiago to San Pedro de …
Starting from $2,990 per person
South America Highlights - Southern Circuit
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of …
Starting from $4,390 per person
Buenos Aires Tour & Antarctica Ocean Nova Cruise
Head from one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most cosmopolitan cities to the remotest destination on the planet on this 10-Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica …
Starting from $6,990 per person