Galapagos Cruise & Machu Picchu Tour
This 11-day Galapagos and Machu Picchu tour allows you to experience the two leading destinations of South America in one seamless and comfortable tour. Explore the wildlife-paradise of the Galapagos Islands in a private luxury boat, visiting natural and geographical wonders. Then immerse yourself in the incredible Incan heartland of Peru, visiting Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, and the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu citadel – the lost city of the Incas.
Starting from $5,790 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- A tour of key sites of the Galapagos Islands on a luxury boat, with your every need catered for.
- A visit to Dragon Hill to watch land iguanas in their natural habitat.
- Visit Rábida Island with its red beaches, flamingos and finches.
- Learn about the archipelago’s geology on the tiny island of Sombrero Chino.
- Discover Genovesa Island, often called Bird Island for its abundance of avian species, including boobies and great frigates. You will also encounter playful sea lions.
- A morning at Bartolome Island where you’ll take in lunar-like craters, volcanic cones and lava fields.
- An afternoon exploring the still-active volcanic island of Santiago, one of the best places for observing fur seals in the Galapagos.
- Explore the lush forest highlands of Santa Cruz, and visit lava tunnels and enormous sink holes.
- A free day to relax, acclimatize to the altitude and explore Cuzco, the one-time capital of the Incan Empire.
- Take a guided private tour of Cuzco, with stops at Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex, Koricancha, an important Incan temple, and Cuzco’s Cathedral.
- Journey through the breath-taking scenery of the Sacred Valley, with stops at the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Mara, and the ruins of Ollantaytambo.
- Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu on a private guided tour then take time to explore on your own. You can hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird’s eye view of the ruins.
- An optional private tour of Lima’s main attractions. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the waterfront district Miraflores.
Your exploration of the Galapagos Islands begins! Upon arrival in Baltra, 600 miles off the coast, you will be met by your guide and taken on a short bus ride to the harbor to board your vessel. After lunch, you will embark on an excursion to Dragon Hill, famed for its numerous land iguanas.
Land on the red sands of Rábida Island, which is small but brimming with wildlife. Along the shore you will encounter playful sea lions and nesting pelicans. A short inland trail takes you to a salt water lagoon where you're likely to see flamingos and the famous Galapagos finches. Then, in the afternoon, you'll learn about the archipelago’s geology on the tiny island of Sombrero Chino.
Discover Genovesa Island, often called Bird Island for its abundance of avian species. In the morning you'll ascend Prince Philip's Steps, a rocky inclined path surrounded by boobie colonies. Spend the afternoon at Darwin Bay among Galapagos sea lions, red-footed and masked boobies, and impressive great frigates.
Enjoy a morning at Bartolome Island. From here, at an elevation of almost 400 feet, take in breath-taking views of the lunar craters, volcanic cones, lava fields, and beaches of the Galapagos Islands. In the afternoon, explore the still-active volcanic island of Santiago, one of the best places for observing fur seals in the Galapagos.
During your last day in the Galapagos, explore the highlands of Santa Cruz where the scenery changes dramatically to lush forest. You'll have the opportunity to explore a lava tunnel and see enormous crater-like sink holes. Your cruise ends with a transfer to the airport for your flight to Lima, Peru. Upon your arrival at the Lima airport you will be greeted and driven to your hotel.
Travelling from Lima to Cuzco, you will have ascended from sea level to 11,500 feet. On your first day, you will be free to relax and acclimatize to the altitude. If you're feeling up to it, the city center is pedestrian-friendly and makes for a great stroll. We’re happy to recommend the city's best options for dining and shopping, depending on your interests and preferences.
Discover the city of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, on a private guided tour. You'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!), and Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the Cuzco school of art.
Journey through the breath-taking scenery of the Sacred Valley. Your tour through this Incan agricultural heartland will include visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. Departing from Ollantaytambo, enjoy a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Machu Picchu where you will stay in your hotel at Aguas Calientes.
Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of this Incan citadel. You'll visit the most important parts of the ruins to learn how and why they were constructed. After the tour, you'll have time to further explore the ruins or sit back and soak up the magic of Machu Picchu. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a mesmerising view of the ruins. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. Journey by train from Machu Picchu town, through the Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival at the train station you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. (Optional recommended excursion) Depending on the time of your international flight out a private tour of Lima's key sites can be arranged. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district Miraflores.
Galapagos Island Hopping
Experience the unique and abundant wildlife of the Galapagos Islands while staying in a variety of charming island lodges, giving you more flexibility and …
Starting from $5,290 per person
Machu Picchu & Andean Highlights
This 12-Day Andean Highlights and Machu Picchu tour gives you the opportunity to take in the best that the Peruvian highlands have to offer. You’ll …
Starting from $3,490 per person
Galapagos Cruise & Amazon Tour
Explore not one but two natural paradises with this 10-day Galapagos Islands & Amazon Tour. Spend four nights on a captivating Galapagos cruise, learning …
Starting from $5,490 per person