Buenos Aires & Santiago Wine Tasting
Experience Chile’s cosmopolitan capital of Santiago before continuing to Chile’s most popular coastal city Valparaiso at the start of this 10-day Santiago to Buenos Aires Wine Tour. You’ll then cross the Andes Mountains to Mendoza, where you’ll spend two days exploring the heart of the Argentinian winelands, with wine tastings and delicious lunches along the way. You’ll conclude your South American adventure in Buenos Aires, where you’ll enjoy city tours and free time to explore, and round it all off with an unforgettable tango show.
Starting from $3,790 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Stay in comfort and luxury in the care of experienced guides at all three of your South American destinations.
- Enjoy a Santiago city tour, with visits to the Plaza de Armas, the main Cathedral and the Presidential Palace.
- Visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: colorful Valparaiso and tranquil Viña del Mar.
- Spend some time at the summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets.
- Enjoy a full-day tour of the Agrelo Valley near Mendoza, with stops at three wineries, including Bodega Catena Zapata, Finca Decero Winery and the traditional Benegas Winery.
- Go off the beaten path into the Uco Valley and visit three bodegas for tastings: Bodega Salentein, Andeluna Cellars and the Atamisque Winery and Trout Farm.
- Enjoy a fascinating city tour of Buenos Aires, taking in the famous sites of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta and Puerto Madero.
- Discover Buenos Aires on your own with a free full-day to explore the city.
- Experience an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music and tango at your choice of an intimate show or a large Broadway-style production.
This morning, after breakfast at your hotel you’ll enjoy a tour of Santiago. In the course of the day, you’ll visit the city’s historic center where you’ll find the Plaza de Armas, the main Cathedral, and the Presidential Palace. You will also have the chance to view the city from the top of Cerro San Cristobal.
Today you’ll visit two of central Chile’s most popular coastal cities: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is a vibrant, colorful collection of hillside houses overlooking the bay. Here you’ll visit the summer house and now museum of Pablo Neruda, one of Chile’s most prolific poets. You’ll then continue to the tranquil Viña del Mar, a popular beachside retreat for the Santiago elite.
Today you’ll enjoy a full-day tour of the Agrelo valley, where some of Argentina’s leading wines were born. On your tour, you’ll explore a couple of different wineries where you’ll enjoy pairings and learn all about the production process and history. While the exact wineries visited will vary depending on your travel dates, some examples of the more common wineries of the region are: Bodega Catena Zapata, Finca Decero, and the traditional Benegas Winery.
Off the beaten path, the Uco Valley is named after a Huarpe chief who ruled the area when the Spanish arrived in 1551. The area is still underdeveloped, but top wineries have found optimal soil to grow their high-quality grapes and are constructing monumental architectural wine temples in tribute to this magical land. During your tour, you’ll visit a couple of bodegas for tastings, and while the wineries visited can vary depending on your exact travel dates, examples of local wineries are: Bodega Salentein, Andeluna Cellars, Domaine Bousquet, and the Atamisque Winery & Trout Farm.
After breakfast you'll head out on a Buenos Aires city tour during which you'll explore the districts of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta, Puerto Madero, the city center, and the main plaza. The tour will end in the Recoleta Cemetery where you can stay explore on your own or continue back to the hotel.
Today is yours to explore Buenos Aires at your leisure. To explore the city’s fantastic art galleries, shop for antiques in San Telmo, or even take a boat cruise through the spectacularly wild Tigre Delta. The main districts in Buenos Aires are pedestrian friendly and the city's subways are efficient and easy to use. In the evening, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of Buenos Aires's best tango houses for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music, and dancing. Choose either a small, intimate show or a large, Broadway-style production.
At your convenience, you’ll be transferred to the airport for your international departure.
Uyuni Salt Flats to Santiago
If breath-taking, arid expanses excite you then this 10-day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour is just the ticket. You will tour the expansive and …
Starting from $4,990 per person
South America Highlights - Southern Circuit
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of …
Starting from $4,790 per person
Experience the excitement of Chilean city life, then immerse yourself in the country’s natural wonders with this seven-day Santiago to San Pedro de …
Starting from $3,190 per person