Buenos Aires Tour & Antarctica Ocean Nova Cruise
Head from one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most cosmopolitan cities to the remotest destination on the planet on this 10-Day Buenos Aires to Antarctica Tour. You’ll spend three nights in gorgeous Buenos Aires, getting to visit the key destinations and of course enjoying a tango show before heading south to the dramatic landscapes of Tierra del Fuego, where you’ll board the luxury Ocean Nova ship for four days of unparalleled Antarctic adventure featuring icebergs, penguins, whales and sunlight galore.
Starting from $6,990 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Take a fascinating tour of the highlights of Buenos Aires, including San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta and Puerto Madero.
- Enjoy an evening at one of Buenos Aires’s best tango houses with all the dinner, music and dancing you could wish for.
- Sail along the Beagle Channel to Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world.
- Explore the rarely visited island of Cape Horn, drinking in the history and legend of this remote location.
- Cross the exhilarating waters of the famous Drake passage.
- Enjoy stunning scenery from the glass-enclosed lounge of your ship, taking in engaging lectures from expert guides en route to King George Island.
- Cross the Antarctic Convergence and look out for icebergs as you get your first views of the Antarctic landscape.
- Board a Zodiac boat to visit a penguin colony and explore well into the evening, bathed in endless Antarctic daylight.
After breakfast you’ll head out on a Buenos Aires city tour to explore the districts of San Telmo, La Boca, Recoleta and Puerto Madero, as well as the city center, and the main plaza. The tour will end in the Recoleta Cemetery – home to Evita Peron’s legendary mausoleum – where you’ll have the chance to stay and explore further on your own, or continue back to your hotel.
Today is a free day, giving you time to explore Buenos Aires at your leisure. The main districts in Buenos Aires are pedestrian friendly and the city’s subways are efficient and easy to use. In the evening, you will be collected from your hotel and taken to one of Buenos Aires’s best tango houses for an authentic Porteño evening of dinner, music, and dancing.
Today, you’ll fly to Ushuaia, the capital of Tierra del Fuego. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your comfortable hotel to relax in preparation for your Antarctica adventure!
Wake up to a legendary view of Cape Horn and, if weather permits, you’ll board a Zodiac boat to set foot on this famous and rarely visited island. Next, you’ll set sail towards Antarctica and cross the famous passage named in honor of Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th century explorer.
After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, you’ll begin to spot the first icebergs and Antarctic polar landscapes in the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. You’ll board the Zodiac boats to visit a penguin colony and explore well into the evening, taking advantage of the endless Antarctic daylight.
Experience the excitement of Chilean city life, then immerse yourself in the country’s natural wonders with this seven-day Santiago to San Pedro de …
Starting from $2,990 per person
South America Highlights - Southern Circuit
Explore the highlights of the southern half of South America during this 12-day Southern Circuit Tour. You’ll visit the cosmopolitan capital cities of …
Starting from $4,390 per person
Santiago Tour & Fly to Antarctica
Head from Chile’s cosmopolitan capital to the remotest destination on Earth on this 11-Day Santiago to Antarctica Tour. Spend three nights in exciting …
Starting from $14,290 per person