Southern California Beaches
Immerse yourself in the glitz and glamour of The Golden State on this 6-day Southern California Beaches expedition. First, get to know Los Angeles from the inside, spending a full day getting active on LA’s many whitesand beaches (Santa Monica, Malibu, Venice Beach) and another experiencing Tinseltown on a one-of-a-kind Hollywood and Koreatown tour. Then, take a leisurely drive – stopping at Laguna Beach, Manhattan Beach and the Aquarium of the Pacific en route – to sun-kissed San Diego for fish tacos on the beach. By the time you leave, you’ll be surfing, shopping and star-spotting like a local.
Starting from $2,490 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Stay in an upscale Beverly Hills hotel, and get the opprtunity to explore this iconic ’hood on your own, shopping, dining and dancing like a local.
- Enjoy a full-day docent-led tour of LA’s many beaches. Ride bikes down the Santa Monica boardwalk to Venice Beach and learn to surf at Malibu.
- Experience Hollywood your way, with guided visits to the Avenue of the Stars, Grauman’s Chinese Theater and – if you’re up for it – some late-night karaoke in Koreatown.
- Enjoy the freedom that comes with having your own rental car and the benefits of being shown arround each destination by a local expert (we call them ‘docents’) who knows the place inside out.
- Feel the wind in your hair on the unforgettable coastal drive to San Diego, experiencing spectacular ocean views and stops at Laguna Beach and the Aquarium of the Pacific en route.
- Get to know the surfer’s paradise of San Diego like a local, eating fish tacos on the beach and getting to know the town’s many surf breaks and sand dunes.
Welcome to California! Today is a transit day, and after your plane glides in over the Pacific Ocean, you will take a shuttle to claim your rental car and take a drive through Los Angeles to the famous Beverly Hills. Spend the afternoon exploring your new ’hood, or just relax in your iconic Los Angeles hotel. After dinner you can rest up ahead of the adventure to come or hit the town to experience some of LA’s famous nightlife.
Take this day to enjoy a guided exploration of Los Angeles’ beaches. Our local insiders will put you on the inside track to living like an Angeleno: Ride bikes down the Santa Monica boardwalk to eclectic Venice Beach, cruise the Pacific Coast Highway to relax on the white sand beaches of Malibu, or learn to surf in the Pacific Ocean! Finish your day with a visit to one of Los Angeles’ world-class restaurants, then head back to your hotel to relax or out for a night on the town.
Today is the day you walk among the stars! Enjoy a tour of Hollywood (watched over by the famous sign) including a visit to the Avenue of the Stars, and a stop at Grauman’s Chinese Theater. Our tour allows you to see Tinseltown your way! Cap off the day with an invigorating urban hike through Griffith Park for a unique viewing perspective of that most famous of hillside signs.
Today you’ll enjoy a scenic coastal drive to California’s southernmost city. Take the opportunity to picnic along the coast, visit Laguna Beach, stroll to the end of the Manhattan Beach Pier, or visit the Aquarium of the Pacific to immerse yourself in California’s amazing sea life. You can stretch the 120-mile drive out across the entire day or choose to arrive in San Diego in time to take in some fish tacos on the beach!
Today you’ll be explore San Diego with your local guide. Try your hand at surfing, stand-up paddleboard in the marina and/or explore the shops and restaurants of the famous Gaslamp district. San Diego with its year-round sun and growing metropolis offers something for everyone looking for the quintessential California experience.
All good things must come to an end. After a scrumptious breakfast in your gorgeous San Diego hotel you will either fly out of the San Diego Airport or head onward to one of our custom-made extensions.
Pacific Coast Highway Adventure
Traverse breathtaking seaside cliffs and charming coastal hamlets on this 8-day Pacific Coast Highway Adventure along one of America’s most fabled roads. …
Starting from $3,490 per person
Southern California Beaches & Channel Islands Expedition
Soak up the sun, sand and salt on this languid 8-day Southern California Beaches and Channel Islands Expedition. First spend a few days immersing yourself …
Starting from $5,490 per person
Grand Tour of California
From snowcapped peaks to sweltering deserts and pristine coastlines to glitzy marinas, you’ll taste the incredible diversity of the Golden State on this …
Starting from $5,990 per person