Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu
Delve into the wonders of the Sacred Valley, before exploring the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu and then returning to Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire. You will start with an exploration of the Sacred Valley, which being a few thousand feet lower than the city of Cuzco, will help you acclimatize. After visiting the archeological sites of Moray, Maras and Ollantaytambo, you'll continue to the magical Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, where you will enjoy both guided tours and free time to explore. You’ll then make your way to Cuzco, with its fascinating mix of Spanish and Incan culture.
Choose Your Adventure
Decide where, when and how you want to explore. Then contact us to start planning with a destination expert.
Customize Your Tour
We'll blend your desires with expert, local knowledge to design a seamless, private tour.
Embark on Your Journey
We'll greet you at the airport and be by your side every step of the way, making room for spontaneity as you go.
Starting from $3,090 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
- A day to acclimatize in the Sacred Valley, ancient heartland of the Incan civilization. You will visit the town of Pisac, Incan ruins perched on the hillside above the valley, and enjoy all the luxurious amenities of your hotel.
- A private tour of the Sacred Valley. You will visit Moray, a circular terraced agricultural site, the Salinas salt pans, and the massive ruins at Ollantaytambo.
- A train ride through the Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes, the closest town to Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas.
- A guided tour of the breath-taking Machu Picchu, to the most important and fascinating parts of the ruins, where you’ll learn how and why they were constructed.
- Free time to explore Machu Picchu on your own, to re-visit points of interest, to revel in the historical weight of the ruins and soak up the stunning views.
- A night at an exclusive hotel in Aguas Calientes, where you can once again take in the splendor of your surroundings.
- An opportunity to hike to the top of Huayna Picchu, overlooking the Machu Picchu citadel, for a bird’s eye view of the ruins.
- A private half-day tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, including stops at the immense ruin of Sacsayhuaman, the Incan temple of Koricancha, and Cuzco’s Cathedral to view its art and artefacts.
- The opportunity to take a private tour of Lima’s key sites, including the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima’s historical colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores.
TALK WITH A DESTINATION EXPERT
We tailor itineraries to your dates and interests, adjusting hotels, excursions and length as desired.
We consistently receive 5 star reviews from our discerning clients.
Welcome to Peru! Today is a transit day, and after a long flight you're probably looking forward to a nice meal and some relaxation. The Costa del Sol hotel is located right across the street from the airport and is the best choice for travelers connecting to Cuzco. But if you arrive to Lima in the early afternoon, you’ll have the time to make your way to a hotel in the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores. If you go for this option, one of our representatives will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel.
In the morning, you’ll board your flight to Cuzco. Your guide will meet you at the airport, and take you on a journey through the spectacular scenery of the Sacred Valley, the agricultural strip that supplied food to the Incan Empire. On the way to your hotel, you will visit the town of Pisac and the Inca ruins perched on the hillside above the valley. When you arrive, you can relax in the peaceful garden surroundings of your country hotel as you settle in and acclimatize to the altitude.
Your guide will take you into the Sacred Valley, a land lost in time amid the mountains, to visit Moray, a circular terraced agricultural site, and the Salinas salt pans. In the afternoon, you'll explore Ollantaytambo with its massive Inca ruins and charming town, before returning to your picturesque hotel.
This morning we will bring you to the Ollantaytambo train station for your journey to Aguas Calientes. This is it! The moment you’ve been waiting for. A bus will carry you to the gates to Machu Picchu. You will then have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu with a guided tour of the Incan citadel. Your guide will take you to the most important parts of the city, and reveal all that’s known about how the city was created. After the tour, you’ll have time to explore the ruins on your own, or sit back and enjoy the magic and tranquillity of Machu Picchu and the breath-taking scenery that stretches away from it. Spend the evening at your exclusive hotel, enjoying with another opportunity to drink in the stunning views.
It’s no stone unturned today, as you return to Machu Picchu to explore its far reaches. The more energetic members of the group can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird’s eye view of the ruins sprawling beneath them. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. In the afternoon, you’ll descend to Aguas Calientes to return to Ollantaytambo on the Vistadome train. We will meet you at the station and bring you back to your hotel in Cuzco by private car.
During your tour of Cuzco, once the capital of the Incan Empire, you’ll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!), and Cuzco’s Cathedral where you’ll learn about the Cuzco school of art.
One of our representatives will collect you from your hotel and drive you to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. (Optional recommended excursion) - Depending on the time of your international flight, you can take the opportunity to squeeze in a private tour of Lima's key sites. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and Miraflores, a picturesque waterfront district.
Machu Picchu Highlights
This six-day Machu Picchu tour gives you ample opportunity to experience the Andean wonders of today and the Incan culture of yesteryear, while we take …
Starting from $2,490 per person
Machu Picchu & Amazon
Combine the biodiverse splendor of the Amazon basin with the wondrous Incan history of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. Explore the Amazon river …
Starting from $2,990 per person
Machu Picchu Tour Deal
This first-come first-serve Machu Picchu Travel Deal will let you experience the Andean wonders of today and the Incan culture of yesteryear on a private, …
Starting from $1,590 per person