Machu Picchu & Sanctuary Lodge
The Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only Machu Picchu hotel that is literally on the ruins’ doorstep and you’ll be staying there. This 6-day private Machu Picchu tour meanders through Cuzco and the Sacred Valley before culminating in a privileged stay at the very entrance to the Lost City of the Incas. You’ll explore enigmatic Inca ruins and fascinating colonial cities with an expert private guide and be immersed in the captivating Andean way of life which has remained unchanged for centuries. Plus you’ll travel in comfort, stay in luxury Belmond hotels and feast on Peru’s epicurean delights.
Choose Your Adventure
Decide where, when and how you want to explore. Then contact us to start planning with a destination expert.
Customize Your Tour
We'll blend your desires with expert, local knowledge to design a seamless, private tour.
Embark on Your Journey
We'll greet you at the airport and be by your side every step of the way, making room for spontaneity as you go.
Starting from $4,390 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
- Free time to explore the pedestrian-friendly city of Cuzco, a melting pot of Andean and colonial culture, with fantastic opportunities to eat, shop and discover.
- A private guided tour of Cuzco, revealing to you the city’s wonders, including the Incan temple of Koricancha, the massive colonial Cathedral that contains numerous artefacts and artworks in the Cuzco style, and the Inca complex of Sacsayhuaman.
- A tour of the gorgeous Sacred Valley. You’ll visit the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins of the village of Ollantaytambo.
- A scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes, the town at the base of the verdant mountain on which Machu Picchu stands.
- A luxury overnight stay in Aquas Calientes, where you will rest in comfort at the Sanctuary Hotel, literally on Machu Picchu’s doorstep.
- A guided tour of the magical site of Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas, exploring the ancient stonework and drinking in the fresh mountain air.
- A return train trip to Cuzco in luxury on the Hiram Bingham train, where you will be served the epicurean delight of a full, gourmet Peruvian meal.
- Depending on your flight times, you can enjoy a private tour of the wonders that Lima has to offer, on the day of your departure.
TALK WITH A DESTINATION EXPERT
We tailor itineraries to your dates and interests, adjusting hotels, excursions and length as desired.
We consistently receive 5 star reviews from our discerning clients.
Welcome to the capital of Peru! You’ll probably be tired after a long flight, so today, all you have to do is take it easy. We recommend the Costa del Sol hotel, which is right across the road from the airport, for ease of catching your connecting flight to Cuzco tomorrow. However, if you arrive with enough time to spare in the afternoon, you have the option of heading to a hotel in the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores. If you opt for this destination, we’ll have a representative meet you at the airport to escort you to your hotel.
In the morning you'll catch a flight to Cuzco, the long-ago capital city of the Inca Empire. Since you're going from sea level to 11,500 feet, you will want to spend today slowly adjusting to your new beautiful but literally breath-taking surroundings. Cuzco is one of the most charming and fascinating towns in all of South America, and extremely pedestrian and visitor friendly with fantastic shopping, eating and sightseeing options.
Now that you've adjusted to this Andean city, today you'll set off on a private guided tour of Cuzco. Your guide will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the city's best sites, such as Koricancha, said to be the most important temple of the Incan Empire and the massive colonial cathedral where you can view numerous dazzling pieces from the Cuzco school of art. You will also head up the hill to the city's outskirts to visit Sacsayhuaman, a massive Inca complex with impressive stonework.
Today, your horizons will be expanded – mentally and geographically. Your Sacred Valley tour will include visits to the ancient circular terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo, as you see how the Inca nation was supplied with food. Then, from Ollantaytambo, you’ll enjoy a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Aguas Calientes, where you will stay overnight while you anticipate tomorrow’s high point of your tour – your visit to Machu Picchu.
Since you can see the ruins of Machu Picchu from your window, take your time and enjoy your all-inclusive stay – and breakfast – at the Sanctuary Lodge in the citadel’s backyard. Your guide will collect you to take you through the official entrance and you can plunge into the once-in-a-lifetime of experience of exploring Machu Picchu. This magical site remains largely a mystery even to this day, so take the time to wander and wonder. When you’ve taken in all that Machu Picchu has to offer, you'll return to Cuzco in luxury on the Hiram Bingham train. This opulent train journey includes a full gourmet Peruvian meal to set your tastebuds tingling.
Enjoy a final morning waking to the Andean sun before meeting your transfer to the Cuzco airport. You'll fly back to Lima and, depending on your departing international flight, enjoy a tour of Lima or immediately catch your connecting flight out.
Machu Picchu Tour Deal
This first-come first-serve Machu Picchu Travel Deal will let you experience the Andean wonders of today and the Incan culture of yesteryear on a private, …
Starting from $1,590 per person
Machu Picchu Highlights
This six-day Machu Picchu tour gives you ample opportunity to experience the Andean wonders of today and the Incan culture of yesteryear, while we take …
Starting from $2,490 per person
Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu
Delve into the wonders of the Sacred Valley, before exploring the ancient Incan citadel of Machu Picchu and then returning to Cuzco, the capital of the …
Starting from $3,090 per person