Uyuni Salt Flats & Andean Highlights
Experience the best of the Andean highlands on this 11-day Uyuni and Andes Tour, travelling from Bolivia’s capital La Paz to the otherworldly Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia, then on to the beautiful Islands of Lake Titicaca in Peru. The expedition culminates with a trip to the awe-inspiring ruins at Machu Picchu, and a tour of the Sacred Valley, the spiritual and agricultural epicenter of the Incan Empire.
Starting from $5,990 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Free time to recharge and acclimatize to the altitude before your Andean explorations begin.
- Private La Paz City Tour with visits to the colonial city center, Plaza Murilllo, Basilica of San Francisco and views over this Andean valley city from 12,000 feet.
- A private guided tour of the ghost silver mining town of Pulacayo, now a World Industrial Heritage site.
- Tour the salt flats of Uyuni on a luxury Airstream Camper with personal staff to cater to your every need.
- A visit to the Tunupa volcano and a 4x4 adventure to the burial chambers of ancient Aymara mummies.
- Visit Copacabana, a small town on the Bolivian shores of Lake Titicaca. Travel by hydrofoil to Sun Island for lunch and exploration. Then continue by vehicle into Peru and enjoy the sunset from your lakeside hotel.
- Navigate Lake Titicaca on the Peruvian side, visiting the floating islands of Uros, where local families build houses, boats and even whole islands out of reeds.
- A private guided tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, with stops at Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples, and Cuzco's Cathedral.
- A tour of the breath-taking Sacred Valley, epicenter of the Incan Empire, with visits to the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. And a scenic train ride to Machu Picchu.
- Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu on a guided tour of this Incan citadel. After the tour, you can hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins.
- An optional private tour of Lima's key sites, including the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery, the waterfront district Miraflores and Lima's historic colonial squares.
In the morning you will be transferred to the La Paz Airport for your flight to the town of Uyuni. Arrive in Uyuni and depart for a tour of the ghost silver mining town of Pulacayo, now a World Industrial Heritage site, with your private guide and driver. By the early afternoon you will arrive on the Salt Flats to board your luxury Airstream Camper and meet your personal staff for lunch. Spend the late afternoon and evening exploring the salt flats, relaxing and taking in this incredible place.
After a hearty breakfast, you will navigate across the flats to the nearby Tunupa volcano for a 4x4 experience to a set of caves are a burial chamber for mummies of the local Aymara culture of millennias past. Following lunch prepared by your personal staff, you will visit one of the numerous island microsystems that rise above the flats. The evening is spent enjoying the sunset and a wonderful dinner.
In the morning you will say farewell to the salt flats and travel back to the airport at Uyuni for your flight to La Paz. Upon arrival to La Paz, you will be taken to your hotel. In the afternoon, enjoy a private La Paz City Tour. Highlights include a visit to the colonial city center, Plaza Murilllo, Basilica of San Francisco and incredible viewpoints that look out over this Andean valley city from 12,000 feet.
Early this morning you will be picked up by your guide, driver and travel group for the drive to Copacabana, a small town on the shores of Lake Titicaca. Board a hydrofoil to navigate to Sun Island for lunch and exploration. By mid-afternoon you will continue by vehicle crossing into Peru, arriving at your lakeshore hotel in Puno by early evening to rest and enjoy the sunset.
Navigate Lake Titicaca on the Peruvian side. First visit the floating islands of Uros, where local families build not just their houses but also boats and whole islands out of reeds. Visit the natural island of Taquile and enjoy lunch – you’ll be hungry from all the mountain air. In the afternoon, return by boat to your hotel in Puno.
Wake up early for your scenic ride aboard a comfortable bus from Puno to Cuzco. This overland route takes you through stunning scenery and past historical sites. Upon arrival in Cuzco, you’ll have the evening free to begin exploring this historically rich Andean city, or to simply relax and enjoy the amenities of your hotel.
During your tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, you'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!), and Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the Cuzco School of Art.
Your Sacred Valley tour will include visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. You’ll depart from Ollantaytambo by train for a scenic ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Machu Picchu, where you will stay in your hotel at Aguas Calientes.
Uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided tour of this Incan citadel. You'll visit the most important parts of the ruins to learn how and why they were constructed. After the tour, you'll have time to further explore the ruins or sit back and enjoy the magic of Machu Picchu. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. Departing from Machu Picchu town, enjoy a train ride to Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival at the train station you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. (Optional recommended excursion) - Depending on the time of your international flight out a private tour of Lima's key sites can be arranged. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and the picturesque waterfront district Miraflores.
Uyuni Salt Flats & San Pedro de Atacama
If breath-taking, arid expanses excite you then this 10-day Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama tour is just the ticket. You will tour the expansive and …
Starting from $6,590 per person
Uyuni Salt Flats & Machu Picchu
Combine the otherworldly landscapes of the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia with a visit to Peru’s Sacred Valley that culminates in a visit to magical Machu …
Starting from $5,290 per person