Canada to Greenland High Arctic Cruise
Explore the northernmost reaches of Canada and Greenland on this 12-Day Canada to Greenland High Arctic Cruise expedition. The tundra, icebergs, and glaciers of this Arctic region will leave you breathless, and visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites and rural Arctic communities will leave you fulfilled and delighted.
Choose Your Adventure
Decide where, when and how you want to explore. Then contact us to start planning with a destination expert.
Customize Your Tour
We'll blend your desires with expert, local knowledge to design a seamless, private tour.
Embark on Your Journey
We'll greet you at the airport and be by your side every step of the way, making room for spontaneity as you go.
Starting from $15,290 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
- Enjoy a chartered flight with your cruise companions to Resolute Bay (also known as Qausuittuq), the embarkation point of your cruise.
- Undertake a multi-day journey sailing through remote Canada and Greenland’s northernmost and regions.
- Pay homage to expeditions of centuries past that attempted to traverse the Northwest Passage with a visit to Canada’s far north Beechey Island.
- Explore Lancaster Sound, a Canadian National Marine Conservation Area, keeping a keen watch for narwhals and beluga whales.
- Marvel at the spectacular ice cap sitting on the largest uninhabited island on Earth, Tallurutiup Imanga.
- Disembark from your cozy cruise ship for daily excursions (weather permitting), including hikes on the tundra and up-close zodiac explorations of glaciers.
- Visit rural and welcoming Arctic communities like Mittimatalik, touring the villages and enjoying cultural experiences.
- Take advantage of on-board amenities, such as browsing volumes in the library and listening to expert lectures.
- Marvel at the majesty of the Sermeq Kujalleq Glacier on a zodiac tour of the Ilulissat Icefjord UNESCO World Heritage Site.
TALK WITH A DESTINATION EXPERT
We tailor itineraries to your dates and interests, adjusting hotels, excursions and length as desired.
We consistently receive 5 star reviews from our discerning clients.
Today you’ll board a charter flight in Ottawa, Ontario, with other passengers from the Ocean Endeavour, and fly to Qausuittuq (Resolute Bay), where you’ll embark on your Arctic adventure. Qausuittuq, or “place with no dawn”, is named for its dark winters; however, your visit takes place during summer months when you’ll experience the midnight sun, a time of no darkness.
The next four days will be spent exploring Tallurutiup Imanga (Lancaster Sound), one of Canada's newest National Marine Conservation Areas. The area is well known for spotting Narwhal, beluga and bowhead whales, and weather permitting, you’ll cruise by Zodiac hopeful for an up close look at some of the local wildlife!
West Greenland is made up of a complex coastal waterway system, lined with glaciers, islands and fjords against a picturesque mountain backdrop. During your visit, explore surrounding icebergs at the mouth of the Ilulissat Icefjord (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) by Zodiac. The icefjord is the outlet of the Sermeq Kujalleq Glacier, a source of many of the icebergs in the North Atlantic.
You’ll also visit the modern-day town of Ilulissat, filled with museums, cafes, craft shops and a bustling fishing harbor, noting people have lived in the Sisimiut area for 4,500 years. During the first 2,000 years, the Saqqaq culture occupied the area. There following, in the more recent 2,500 years, the Dorset culture followed by the Thule culture resided in the area.
Enjoy a final morning taking in the breathtaking scenery surrounding you as you end your adventure sailing up one of the longest fjords in the world, Søndre Strømfjord. You’ll disembark in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland’s primary flight hub, where you’ll board a charter flight to Toronto, Ontario.
Canada High Arctic Express Cruise
This 9-day Canada High Arctic Express Cruise begins and ends with a chartered flight between Toronto, Canada’s capital city, and Resolute Bay, one of …
Starting from $10,990 per person
Arctic Cultural Highlights Cruise
Experience the best of Arctic cultural life on this 15-day Arctic Cultural Highlights Cruise expedition. Cruise the inlets and fjords of Canada’s …
Starting from $13,690 per person
Polar Bear & Norway Arctic Cruise
This 8-Day Polar Bear & Norway Arctic Cruise visits some of Norway’s northernmost islands, ensuring guests get as close as possible to the geographic …
Starting from $5,990 per person