Quito & Amazon Anakonda Cruise
Discover two of Ecuador’s most dazzling attractions on this 7-day Quito and Anakonda Amazon Cruise. After settling into your comfortable hotel in Quito’s historic heart, you will enjoy a full-day private tour that takes in both the hustle and the heritage of captivating Quito. From there, you’ll fly to the Amazon for the 5-day cruise of a lifetime. Spot pink river dolphins, monkey, caimans and myriad bird species from the comfort of the Anakonda, your exclusive floating hotel, all the while learning about the cuisine, customs and craftsmanship of the hardy people who call the jungle home.
Starting from $3,890 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- Immerse yourself in Andean culture on a full-day, private tour of Quito, Ecuador’s extraordinarily well-preserved colonial capital.
- Take an unforgettable cruise through the diversity of the Ecuadorian Amazon, home to myriad bird, animal and river species.
- Get the chance to spy pink river dolphins, monkeys, caimans and myriad bird species including the oddly-named ‘stinky turkey’. If you’re really lucky you may even glimpse a wild manatee.
- Embark on several fascinating forest walks, intrepid canoe trips and even a night-time caiman-spotting cruise.
- Ascend an observation tower that’s joined to a mighty Kapok tree for a bird’s eye view of the canopy and the chance to spy howler monkeys in their natural habitat.
- Find out how the locals live with a visit to a Quechua community on the banks of the river, before taking an Ecuadorian cooking class with the boat’s chef.
- Bask in the Amazon’s splendid sunrises and sunsets from the comfort of the well-appointed Anakonda and enjoy excellent dining too.
Explore this Ancient Incan city that delicately balances modern sophistication with traditional culture. Walk through picturesque plazas punctuated by the 16th and 17th century churches that are proudly preserved by the city authorities. Modern buildings and culinary offerings are not far from these architectural gems of yore, nor are views of the Andean mountain peaks looming in the background.
In the morning you will be transferred to the airport for a 30-minute flight to Coca. On arrival you’ll be transferred to the Anakonda to meet your guides and settle into your floating hotel. Spend the afternoon relaxing because after dinner, you will plunge straight into the Amazon on a fascinating night-time forest walk.
On an early morning visit to the Yasuni National Park you will hopefully encounter the legendary Pink River Dolphin. There’s also a good chance of spying anacondas, river turtles and various primate species, as well as the colorful Hoatzin, a unique bird that is known locally as the “Stinky Turkey”. After lunch you will go canoeing in a blackwater lake, home to giant otters and the magnificent, (but elusive) manatee and a hike to a majestic Giant Fig tree.
You will start the day off by visiting a traditional Quechua family who have lived on the banks of the Napo River for generations. After lunch aboard the Anakonda you will continue your journey upstream and have the opportunity to participate in an Ecuadorean cooking class with the boat’s chef. You will also get a chance to make some traditional handicrafts.
After a relaxing start to the day you will explore forest on foot, learning more about the myriad animal and plant species that can only be found in the Amazon basin. In the afternoon, you will visit a canopy tower, built against a giant Kapok tree. The perspective at the top of this observation tower is truly glorious, looming above the lush treetops and providing a view of the sheer vastness of the Amazon Basin. In the evening you will venture out into the river on a canoe in search of black caimans.
Enjoy one last morning in the jungle before heading back to Coca. There, you will board your flight to Quito and connect to your international departure.
Amazon Jungle Lodge Tour
Immerse yourself in the deep, dense Amazon rainforest, the most bio-diverse place on Earth. During this Amazon adventure you’ll climb into the canopy, …
Starting from $5,290 per person
Machu Picchu & Amazon Delfin III Cruise
Experience two of South America’s most dazzling wonders on this 9-Day Machu Picchu and Delfin III Cruise. Allow the rhythms of nature to wash over you on …
Starting from $4,590 per person
Machu Picchu & Amazon Star Cruise
Unearth the secrets of two of South America’s greatest wonders on this 11-day Machu Picchu & Amazon Star Cruise. Start with an exploration of the Sacred …
Starting from $4,890 per person