Machu Picchu & R & F Amazonas Cruise
Tick two must-visit destinations off your South American bucket list with this 9 Day Machu Picchu & R&F Amazonas Cruise. On your luxurious three-night Amazon cruise aboard the newly kitted out R&F Amazonas cruise vessel, you’ll get to experience the Amazon’s incredible diversity in the most romantic manner possible. Later, you’ll transfer to the ancient Inca capital of Cuzco for a journey back in time that culminates with a private tour of the incredible ruins at Machu Picchu.
Starting from $4,990 per person
Pricing includes everything from your international arrival to your departure, with the exception of flights and a few lunches and dinners.
HOW IT WORKS
- A visit to the visit the Kukama Native Community where you’ll interact with the people who call the Amazon home and observe their ceremonial dances.
- Get up close and personal with the Amazon’s plants, animals, fish, reptiles and butterflies in the company of expert local guides.
- Enjoy breath-taking sunrises and sunsets, both from the comfort of your cruise vessel and from more intimate skiffs.
- Visit a local fish hatchery and a river mammal rehabilitation center where you’ll meet baby manatees and other animals.
- Wander the winding streets of Cuzco, the one-time capital of the Inca empire, and revel in the city’s Incan and colonial heritage.
- A tour of key sites of the Sacred Valley, including the agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo.
- An overnight stay in Aguas Calientes – literally “Hot Waters” – which lies at the base of the Incan citadel of Machu Picchu.
- A guided tour of the Machu Picchu, the “lost city of the Incas”. You’ll see breath-taking views and learn how the temples were built.
- Free time to explore Machu Picchu and absorb the awe-inspiring surroundings at your own pace.
- Depending on your flight schedule, enjoy a private tour of the main sites of Lima, including the Larco Archaeological Museum and the San Francisco Monastery.
Welcome to Peru! Today is a transit day, and after a long flight you're probably looking forward to a nice meal and some relaxation. The Costa del Sol hotel is located right across the street from the airport and is the best choice for travelers connecting to Cuzco. But if you arrive in Lima early enough, you’ll have the time to make your way to a hotel in the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores. In this case one of our representatives will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel.
This morning, return to the airport for your flight to Iquitos. Upon arrival, your cruise representative will meet you at the airport and escort you to your Amazon cruise boat. After settling into your cabin, you’ll visit the Kukama Native Community for the opportunity to interact and observe the tribe’s ceremonial dances.
After breakfast, you’ll head to Monkey Island for an exploratory hike in the Amazon forest to learn about the local flora and fauna. In the afternoon, you’ll visit the San Rafael Butterfly Sanctuary which works to preserve the myriad butterfly species that call the Amazon home.
Enjoy an early morning skiff ride when the wildlife is most active before returning to the boat for breakfast. Next, you’ll visit the Don Pedrito Fund to learn about the breeding of the paiche fish and observe other reptiles, birds and turtles. The afternoon is yours to relax, take pictures of the sunset over the Momon River or explore the surroundings on one of our skiffs.
As you near Iquitos, you’ll get to visit the Rescue & Rehabilitation Center of River Mammals and meet baby manatees as well as other rescued animals, before heading to the airport for your flight to Cuzco (via Lima). On arrival in the ancient Inca capital you’ll be transferred to your hotel to settle in and rest as you adjust to the change in altitude.
During your tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Incan Empire, you'll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework, and Koricancha, one of the most important Incan temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!). You’ll also stop at Cuzco's Cathedral where you'll learn about the intricacies of the Cuzco school of art and view fascinating historical artefacts.
Prepare to have your breath taken away! Your Sacred Valley exploration will include visits to the ancient circular agricultural terraces of Moray, the salt mines at Maras, and the ruins and village of Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, you’ll be treated to a scenic train ride through the Sacred Valley to the town of Aguas Calientes where you will stay in comfort to await the highlight of your tour.
This is one for your bucket list. Uncover the mystical secrets of Machu Picchu during a guided private tour of this Incan citadel. You'll have the opportunity to visit the most important parts of the ruins and marvel at how they were constructed. After the tour, you'll have free time to further explore the ruins or just sit back and appreciate the majesty of Machu Picchu. You can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird's eye view of the ruins and valley beneath you. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. At the end of a day you’ll remember foever, you’ll depart from Aguas Calientes by train for Ollantaytambo where you will be met and transferred to your Cuzco hotel.
One of our representatives will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. Depending on the time of your international flight, you can take the opportunity to squeeze in a private tour of Lima's key sites. You will visit the Larco Archaeological Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima's historic colonial squares, and Miraflores.
Machu Picchu & Amazon
Combine the biodiverse splendor of the Amazon basin with the wondrous Incan history of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. Explore the Amazon river …
Starting from $2,990 per person
Machu Picchu & Aria Amazon Cruise
Combine splendid luxury and abundant wildlife on this 12-Day Machu Picchu & Amazon Cruise Tour, which journeys through Inca highlights and then boards a …
Starting from $7,990 per person
Machu Picchu & Sanctuary Lodge
The Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only Machu Picchu hotel that is literally on the ruins’ doorstep and you’ll be staying there. This 6-day private Machu …
Starting from $4,390 per person